CS Foundation June 2018
Company Secretaries Foundation has released the CS Foundation June 2018 Syllabus. Those candidates who are planning to appear in CS Foundation 2018 examination, so guys start your preparation according to the syllabus which is given below . So here we have provided Subject Wise Detailed of CS Foundation June 2018 Syllabus.
Candidates who want to get better marks in CS Foundation June 2018 Examination they should well preparation through this exam pattern and syllabus. Applicants may also download Exam Pattern and Syllabus in PDF format through this page using online mode.
Company Secretaries Foundation Syllabus Information
- Organization Name: Company Secretaries Foundation
- Info on this page: Syllabus with Exam Pattern
- Syllabus Status: Available
- name: CS Foundation June 2018 Syllabus
- Total number of question is 50 questions.
- For each correct answer, candidate will be awarded 2 marks.
- Maximum marks to be scored in each paper is 100.
- Paper 1: Business Environment And Law
- Paper 2: Business Management, Ethics & Entrepreneurship
- Paper 3: Business Economics
- Paper 4: Fundamentals Of Accounting And Auditing
Cut offs for CS Foundation
- 40% marks in each subject
- 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects
Paper 1: Business Environment and Law
- Business Environment: Introduction and Features; Concepts of Vision & Mission Statements; Types of Environment-Internal to the Enterprise(Value System, Management Structure and Nature, Human Resource, Company Image and Brand Value, Physical Assets, Facilities, Research & Development, Intangibles, Competitive Advantage),External to the Enterprise (MicroSuppliers, Customers, Market Intermediaries; Macro- Demography, Natural, Legal & Political, Technological, Economy, Competition, Sociocultural and International); Business Environment with reference to Global Integration; Comparative Analysis of Business Environment: India and Other Countries
- Forms of Business Organization: Concept and Features in relation to following business modelsSole Proprietorship; Partnership; Company; Statutory Bodies and Corporations; HUF and Family Business; Cooperatives, Societies and Trusts; Limited Liability Partnership; OPCs; Other Forms of Organizations.
- Scales of Business: Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises; Large Scale Enterprises and Public Enterprises; MNCs
- Emerging Trends in Business: Concepts, Advantages and Limitations-Franchising, Aggregators, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) & Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO); E-Commerce, Digital Economy
- Business Functions:
Strategic- Planning, Budgetary Control, R&D, Location of a Business, Factors affecting Location, Decision Making and Government Policy; Supply Chain-Objectives, Importance,
Limitations, Steps, Various Production Processes; FinanceNature, Scope, Significance of Financial Management, Financial Planning (Management Decisions – Sources of Funds,
Investment of Funds, Distribution of Profits); MarketingConcept, Difference between Marketing and Selling, Marketing Mix, Functions of Marketing; Human Resources- Nature,
Objectives, Significance; Services- Legal, Secretarial, Accounting, Administration, Information and Communication Technology; Social Functions.
Part B: Business Laws (60 Marks)
- Introduction to Law
Meaning of Law and its Significance; Relevance of Law to Modern Civilized Society; Sources of Law; Legal Terminology and Maxims; Understanding Citation of Cases
- Elements of Company Law
Meaning and Nature of Company; Promotion and Incorporation of a Company; Familiarization with the Concept of Board of Directors, Shareholders and Company Meetings; Company Secretary; E-Governance
- Elements of Law relating to Partnership and LLP
Nature of Partnership and Similar Organizations- Co-Ownership, HUF; Partnership Deed; Rights and Liabilities of Partners- New Admitted, Retiring and Deceased Partners; Implied Authority of Partners and its Scope; Registration of Firms; Dissolution of Firms and of the Partnership; Limited Liability Partnership Act.
- Elements of Law relating to Contract
Meaning of Contract; Essentials of a Valid Contract; Nature and Performance of Contract; Termination and Discharge of Contract; Indemnity and Guarantee; Bailment and Pledge; Law of Agency
- Elements of Law relating to Sale of Goods
Essentials of a Contract of Sale; Sale Distinguished from Agreement to Sell, Bailment, Contract for Work and Labour and Hire-Purchase; Conditions and Warranties; Transfer of Title by Non-Owners; Doctrine of Caveat Emptor; Performance of the Contract of Sale; Rights of Unpaid Seller.
- Elements of Law relating to Negotiable Instruments
Definition of a Negotiable Instrument; Instruments Negotiable by Law and by Custom; Types of Negotiable Instruments; Parties to a Negotiable Instrument- Duties, Rights, Liabilities and Discharge; Material Alteration; Crossing of Cheques; Payment and Collection of Cheques and Demand Drafts; Presumption of Law as to Negotiable Instruments.
- Elements of Information Technology Act
Cyberspace; Cyber laws; Scope of Cyber Laws; Classification of Cyber Crime; Information Technology Act 2000; Regulation of Certifying Authorities; Adjudication.
- Role of CS- Duties and Responsibilities, Areas of Practice
Introduction; Role of Company Secretary under Companies Act, 2013- Role of Company Secretary in Employment, Role of Company Secretary in Practice; Recognition to Company Secretary in Practice under Various Laws.
Note: For more information candidates may go through the official website